Single Vs Multiple Websites SEO
- I used to work for events. They have around 3 major incidents and their incidents are known very well. They have their own separate website, they have trouble promoting the image of their company and are known only for their events.
- There are many similar businesses, which provide more than one service or product line on their site. A common question among business owners, especially those who are starting to develop online presence is:
“Should I make a big website, or have smaller multiple sites a better option for me?”
- But of course, no two companies are equal. There are many factors to make available decisions from the available workers and the nature of the business with the budget allocated.
- To make the best decisions for your company, it is important to understand that the benefits of each type of online business model will be provided to your company.
The Benefits of Using a Single Website Model
This is the route that most online businesses take; At least in the beginning. The development and operation of a site is a solid model for your company, and it offers some important advantages of deploying many website models.
1) Shorter time commitment
- One website is fast to start, and easy to maintain. Considering all your time and effort in the same website, you will be allowed to create a better site than spreading your efforts among many sites.
- Even if you have a lot of time on your hands, and are a specialist website developer, content writer and marketer, then one site reduces lead time before earning money from your online business.
- A single not only saves you in the setup phase, but continues to demand your time to move forward. It takes very little time for a site to run well, then to branch with multiple sites.
- Hostging and maintaining more than one site can put stress on your already limited time, which you can invest in running your business, not on your site.
2) Money matters
- There is an old saying: fast, cheap, and good – choose any two. The attempt to set up and run a quality online presence proves that it is true to say. A good site can cost thousands of dollars to build and maintain.
- With a site model, you can limit your fixed costs, such as helping to control hosting and variable costs, including website development and content creation expenses. Many website plugins and extensions usually spend more for many websites or domain usage.
3) Easier to cross sell
- A business that provides a variety of related solutions to its customers, it will be easy to cross-sell the customer on one site.
- New customers will be able to find them easily, and customers are more likely to return because they already have a history of dealing with your business.
4) Rank higher on SERPs
- The same website is easy and cheap to customize to get good SEO results from multiple websites. This is particularly true if your multiple sites will share general keywords or related content. A small amount of duplicate content on some sites in your network can also reduce the SEO rating on the board if Google determines that you are trying to make the system play.
- Apart from stopping Google Slam from duplicate content, a site is more likely to attract links to a wide range of third-party sites. All these third party links mean better SERP.
- Even if your site is not attracting many inbound links, then a site with more content allows you to build internal content from your site, which can also help to increase your site’s ranking.
Big companies that uses single website model
Finding large corporations that the banks are working hard on using only one main website, but there are still a considerable number of them. Even with a large pool of resources, some companies still opt for single website outlook for their simplicity for both the company and the customer.
From my observation, this approach is mostly used by companies who specialize in a specific place.
Apple – The company that is famous for its focus on simplicity, despite its operations at the multinational level, is a simple and clean single website and offers a wide range of technical products.
Nike – Nike is one of the international brands, which creates a wide range of sportswear in many different games under the Nike + app, along with many websites.
Samsung – Similar to Apple, Samsung is a companion technology company that is similar, but even with more diversified products.
Now, I can not tell you that a single website will always be the best approach for you. You can be a talented site developer, or maybe you are lucky to support the deep-pocket investor who can afford to easily develop, promote and run multiple sites. Even if you are an off-the-mill business owner, then there are some cases when considering building more than one site for your business is still worth considering
The Benefits of Choosing a Multiple Website Option
Multiple websites are usually a viable option for large enough organizations, which operate in a diverse branch of the product / service line as well as in large scale operations. It is suitable for more established businesses who have already made a solid reputation and are supported with more budget and workforce. But there is a lot more to do.
1) Create a geo-specific site
- Businesses that sell services in more than one city can not find it beneficial to build a site to handle all of their locations.
- For example, if you are running a senior care center in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore, creating a geo-specific site for each of these markets can bring a clear advantage to your company. Like any site, the smaller the market, the easier it is to rank higher on Google, and others, as well as search engines.
2) Spotlight each of your brands or services separately
- Businesses that sell more than one brand or provide different types of services, want to divide each one on their site. When your business splits brands and services on separate sites, it’s easy to use a domain name and keyword focused to promote the site.
Sites that focus on a product line or services prevent potential brands from being very confused when comparing similar products to different brands. Single brand sites make it faster and easier for your customers to choose a product that is right for them.
3) Improve affiliate linking
- Many sites earn substantial revenue from affiliate marketing. Developing a Content-Rich Site Around A Collaborator Running a site can lead to less search engine penalties, which is linked to dozens of affiliates.
- A small site containing 10 to 12 articles centered on a single page with a single affiliate page will not be considered as spammy as a general site linking dozens of different sites.
4) Avoid single point of failure
- If something happens on the site, then developing more than one site model can also protect you. If there is a down down of your site for technical or security reasons, you still have other working sites to generate business for you.
- Many websites allow you to update and eliminate product lines and services without updating a lot of content and changing links because each site is essentially self contained.
Big companies that use multiple websites model
- Many websites are more popular among large corporations. This is an idea that can not only be done but there are also many concrete reasons for doing so (such as giving their products and services their distinctive branding).
- There are also cases where companies receive other brands and since the acquired product has its image and reputation already, it is better that it is better to assimilate them completely into the new parent company and instead of ruining the branding profit, Keep it better.
Unilever – This British-Dutch multinational consumer goods company is a major example of a corporation in which there is a large variety of products in many different categories, each with its own brand and image. Each product also has its own area-specific website.
Microsoft – Another major tech company, Microsoft uses several websites to offer its various software and gadgets as well as provide rich online resources for support and troubleshooting. Microsoft focuses on several functions including the forums and online stores, but there is just one list for product performance.
TaTa – The TaTa Company adopts many website approaches with very little variety in its products, only getting expertise in the beverage industry. Each of their products has their own unique website.
It has been taken here that every business is different, and the decision of one or more sites depends on your personal needs. It is important to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each marketing plan. Before you chew with many websites, think long and hard before cutting, but no one knows your business better than you.
If you feel that many websites are understandable for your situation, go for it.